PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR CHILDREN
We are WOLI SERVICES LTD and our address is Mnasiadou & Strasikratous 10 ELMA HOUSE, 2nd Floor, 1065, Nicosia Cyprus.
Your parent (“Parent”) has permitted the creation of a Woli Child Account for you. Your parent may your other parent as a Secondary Parent. While the Secondary Parent can help you with your Woli Child Account, the important thing to remember is that your Parent is the main person responsible for your Woli Child Account.
You’ll soon receive your Woli Card. Your Parent will have put money on your Woli Child Account so you can use your Woli Card to pay for things.
Before you start using your Woli Child Account and your Woli Card, we need to talk about how we use information about you (your data).
What is your ‘data’?
Data is information that we have about you. It includes things like your name, date of birth, how your Parent knows you (whether they are your mum or dad ), your email address and your phone number.
When you use your Woli Child Account and your Woli Card, we get more information about you such as information on the date you used your Woli Card, where you are and the amount you spend.
Sometimes, we’ll ask your Parent for documents so we can be sure who you are. This could be your passport, ID card or birth certificate. We will also have any other information you or they decide to give us, such as your photo or a username that you choose for your Woli Child Account.
You should always be careful about what you write in any emails. Don’t tell us anything more than you need to give us, or give us any information that could be used in a bad way by somebody else. If we need you to tell us something, we’ll ask you for it.
Can your Parent see your data?
Your Parent and your Secondary Parent can check how you use your Woli Child Account and your Woli Card, what you’re spending your money on and how much money is in your Woli Child Account (so they know when to top it up). This means that your Parent and your Secondary Parent can see your data.
Why we can use your data?
- We need your data to be able to set up your Woli Child Account and to let you use it
- We use your data to ask for the issuance of your Woli Card.
- We use your data to protect you from frauds and other illegal actions.
- We use your data to answer to questions and requests related to your Woli Child Account and your Woli Card.
What we use your data for
We use your data so we can do the following.
- Allow you to use your Woli Card to pay for the things you buy.
- Make sure it is you using the Woli Child Account and your Woli Card
- Make sure we give you important news and other information you need to know about.
- Protect your Woli Child Account and your Woli Card (for example, by making sure you are at the same place as your card is being used).
- Reply when you or your Parent contacts us, or answer any questions you ask us.
- Find out what you like and don’t like about your Woli Child Account and your Woli Card so we can make it better for you.
- Make sure we don’t break the law. To do this, we’ll share information with the police or other important people when we need to. They will investigate when something has gone wrong and make sure we’re doing everything right to protect you.
We won’t do anything that we’re not allowed to with your data
We will always be honest with you about how we use your data. We’ll tell you why we use it. For example, we need your name so we can print it on your card, and we need your address so we can send you your card.
We hope you now understand what we do with your data. If we ever want to do something new with your data we’ll ask your Parent if it is okay. Depending on the country where you live and your age, we might ask you if it’s okay as well.
Sharing your data
We sometimes need to share your data with other people or companies. Here are some examples.
- We share your data with the company that holds your Woli Child Account and issues your Woli Card.
- We share your data with other companies that help us run, and let you use, your account. For example, we’ll share your address with another company that will deliver your card to you.
- We share your data with people who help us run our business (like lawyers and accountants who help us to make sure we’re following the law and doing things right).
- We share your data with official people who keep an eye on what we do to make sure we are looking after you properly. There are laws that make us do this.
We will send it to people and companies that are in this country or another country in Europe. Sometimes, we will need to send your data outside Europe so you can use your account. We’ll always make sure your data is protected in the same way as it is protected in Europe.
Know your rights
The law says you can ask us lots of things about your data.
- You can ask to see your data.
- You can ask us to correct your data.If you think we’ve got any of it wrong, we can fix it.
- You can ask us to stop using your data for certain reasons or ‘object’ to us using it (tell us that you really disagree with it).Even if you said it was okay for us to use your data in a certain way, if you change your mind just let us know. We’ll let you know if we can stop using it. We’ll make sure we keep a note of your concerns even if we can’t stop using your data for the reason you asked.
- You can ask us to destroy your data.We’ll do this as long as the law says we can.
- You can ask us for a copy of your data.
- If you ask us to do something that means we would have to stop letting you use your Woli Child Account and your Woli Card, we will let your Parent know. We’ll also let your Parent if you ask us for a copy of your data.
How long we can keep your data for
We need to keep your data while you have a Woli Child Account and a Woli Card.
We may need to keep your data for longer if the law says we have to. So even if you ask us to destroy your data, we may not be able to do that straight away.
If you close your account, we’ll keep your data for up to eight years and for some data for up to ten years. We may need to keep it even longer if we need to use it in a court case because some person or company says that we have broken the law but we don’t think we have.
What to do if you have any questions or want to know more
Get in touch!
If you ever have a question about how we use your data, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any other questions, your Parent should get in touch with us. If you are unhappy with how we use your data, or you have a complaint that you don’t think we have answered properly, you (or your Parent) can contact your local data protection authority.
Effective from May 2021